What’s Going On at SCS?
12-14 CLOSED for Back To School
16-25 Exam Weeks
20 PreCheck 2 6:30 PM
26 Graduation Night
6 CLOSED for Labor Day
Now that you have your gear, you need to do a few things to make sure you’re ready for sparring.
- Boil the mouthguard. Here is a link to some great directions. Please read all of them before you begin.
- If you have braces, please contact your orthodontist to let them know you participate in karate and ask what type of mouthguard they may require. If it is a Shock Doctor one, we recommend you go to Dick’s or Amazon due to the fact that our price is significantly higher than theirs. A mouthguard is one of the two items you may purchase outside the dojo. Please be sure it is a strapless mouthguard.
- Label every piece of equipment in an obvious place, including your mouthguard case. Use your first and last name. Silver Sharpies work great. You an get your bag embroidered or lettered or use a special key chain. We are not responsible for lost equipment.
- Practice putting it on. See below for handout on how to put your gear on. (#7)
- Please bring your gear to every class.
- Boys: On “B” Days (Wednesday or Thursday) please wear your cup to class, you will not have time to be able to do this when class begins. Here is some great information on why it is important. You will not be able to spar without it.
- Here is a link to a handout on how to put your gear on.
RYKER WEAVER SEMINAR BEING RE-PLANNED DUE TO SERIOUS INJURY
RYKER HAS HAD A SEVERE INJURY HE IS RECOVERING FROM AND WE ARE WORKING ON A NEW EVENT. DETAILS COMING SOON. Don’t miss your chance to train with this incredible martial artist. He’s super positive and encouraging, and one of the most creative competitors on the circuit. Spaces are limited! Ages 6 and up. Must be able to follow directions and push yourself through challenges. Be willing and ready to learn. Must have Kamas to participate in the Kama Seminar.
We will go back to 45 minute class times on all Junior Classes. Lil Champions will remain 30 minutes. The Adults Only Classes will be one hour.
Effective January 4: Zoom Classes will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays Only. Click here for Zoom Links.
EQUIPMENT & WEAPONS MUST BE PURCHASED AT THE DOJO.
Remember that weapons orders take four to six weeks. | All Equipment and Weapons orders MUST BE DONE through the dojo. | Please DO NOT SHOP AMAZON. | Thank you.
SPECTATORS CAN WATCH CLASSES NOW!
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY.: We will allow parents to come watch class. As per the state guidelines, you will need to be masked. You will need to maintain social distancing. Chairs will be cleaned as often as possible. We will have paper towels and a spray cleaner available if you want to clean for yourself.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CLASS IF YOU ARE SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS.
We offer Zoom classes so you won’t be left behind.
If you are scheduled for class and end up sick, please send a message to 251-458-6111 or use the Spark App to let us know. Otherwise, If you register for class and don’t show up, or contact us to tell us you are feeling unwell, you will be charged $10 as many of our students are unable to register for the class because they are full.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches not from fitness
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
As, always, we ask that you stay home and rest or take advantage of our Zoom classes if you or someone from your family has been sick with any illness or if you or someone from your family is showing symptoms. This has always been our policy. For example, if a sibling tests positive for flu, please stay home and practice. Thank you.
YOU WILL STILL NEED TO PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES. WE WILL NOT BE SENDING CONFIRMATIONS.
Reminder that you need to pre-register for classes by 2:00 pm. Because spaces are limited, we ask that you pre-register. Our spaces are limited with the restrictions and most classes are full. We understand that things happen, but because so many people are trying to get into that class, we have to enforce this policy. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
PARENTS OF MINOR STUDENTS, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS WAIVER if you have not already.
“A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.” Proverbs 27:12
Please use our Spark App and watch social media for announcements.
Here is a link to our page we have dedicated to the COVID-19 Announcements.
Stay up to date with announcements and more on Spark!
Checklists & Information