If you or your child have attended the correct amount of classes needed for graduation and you have an ORANGE STRIPE on your belt. You will still need to know the material and demonstrate good attitude, focus and behavior during class. (If you’re eligible for July, that will be a Blue Stripe.)
There is quite a bit of information on Graduation, so please read this all the way through and refer back to this page with any questions you may have in the future.
Here is a quick reference for later (after you have read it all)!
School Teacher Form to Complete for Graduation (also for homeschool parents)
Student Form to Complete for Graduation (only required for adults or students in 7th grade or above)
What I Need to Know For Graduation
Graduation Night is Thursday, May 17.
- Lil Champions 6:00 pm
- Juniors All Levels 6:45 pm
- Adults All Levels 7:45 pm (this will not be a regular class)
Invite family and friends to come watch.
Wear full gi (uniform).
Do not come wearing a tee shirt without your uniform top.
Please do not arrive to your graduation earlier than 10 minutes prior to your graduation time.
This will allow us to set up for graduation as well as allow the other group to leave and have their photos taken.
Exam Weeks Begin May 7 and continue through May 16. Please note we will not have classes on Tuesday, May 15 because of local High School Graduations.
We are changing how we do exams, because there are so many activities going on and it’s becoming harder to keep everyone on a schedule for testing and graduation. During those weeks, you may schedule your exam time during one of the times in this form. You will be tested by Sensei during that time in all the material you need to know. Should you need a retest, you can schedule one during the available days, just come back to this page and resubmit a form.
There will be no Regular Classes Thursday, May 17.
How to Prepare For Graduation
Attend classes regularly. Make up any missed classes. Be sure to practice.
Here is information for parents and students regarding Graduation.
- Practice. Make sure you know your kata and self defense. Also make sure you are working on the details. Are your stances where they should be? Tight fists? Guard up when you’re working in class? Foot shape on kicks? Are your kicks ALWAYS above the belt? How about your fitness? Are you confident in your kata? Are you using your voice to project your kiais, not just saying them?
- Be at Class! You need to make sure you are attending both an “A” and a “B” Day to be tested during class. We highly recommend attending both the first week, just in case you’re not as prepared the first try, you can get a second time. Also, with all the illness going around, you may not be able to get in. You are always encouraged to attend an “A” and a “B” Day each week, but if you don’t make it to both classes both weeks during exam weeks AND you HAVE passed your testing, you will be okay missing a class.
- Make up Missed Classes! We all get sick or have another obligation during our regular class times. Do your best to make them up. You can do that during any scheduled class time for your rank!
- Complete Your Testing Forms! There are forms for parents, students and teachers to complete. They are below. They are all available online to complete online. If you don’t have access to a computer, please let us know and you can complete it at the dojo.
Here are the forms required for each age group.
- Parent Form
- School Teacher Form See link for a copy and paste version of this to email the teacher. (For students in 6th Grade or below, the school teacher will complete this. For homeschooled children, the parent will complete this.)
Juniors (White-Red Belts):
- Parent Form
- Teacher Form See link for a copy and paste version of this to email the teacher. (For students in 6th Grade or below, the school teacher will complete this. For homeschooled children, the parent will complete this.
- Student Form (if the student is in 7th Grade or Above)