Black Belt Candidates
Tonight we will be chatting with everyone on fb live or zoom. It will be at 7:00 ct. watch for links .
Topic: Black Belt Candidate Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 13, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 934 2442 5256
Update from 3/31/2020
We would like to get everyone working hard on their creatives and making sure you are on track for our Black Belt Promotion.
Please send the following by Friday:
- 1 Run time: 2 miles under 19 minutes
- Video of your creative kumite. Send a video to email@example.com or 251-458-6111. You can also upload it to youtube and send a link (privately).
- I would like to schedule a private lesson with each candidate to go over their creative kumite and anything extra that is necessary to be ready. I suggest you separate into three sections, so we can focus on perfecting each one.
- Videos of your basic katas would be great as well. When there is nothing more to work on in those basic katas, you will be nearly ready for black belt. Be sure to evaluate yourself before you send it, do you need to work on stances? Are you showing power? You know what to look for.
- You need to be attending the live classes as often as possible.
- Thank you for your continued hard work. We hope to have a better idea of what we can do for our testing and preparation for Black Belt Spectacular soon.
updated 3/23/2020 12:30 pm
We know you are continuing your training at this strange time.
Please continue to send your training logs each week. You can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or text them to 251-458-6111.
It is your responsibility to make sure you attend some of the live interaction that is going on daily with the dojo. You can do this from home. We offer many options to get information and it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to get to it. We understand some of you don’t “do Facebook” and we respect that, but we need to connect, so please check the announcements page daily, download spark and check your text messages for any Remind messages you may get. We are connecting with many people daily via many platforms. We need you to make one of them work for you.
We are still trying to figure out how to do the Final Exam. At this point, it will just need to be rescheduled. We pray we are still on for the events on May 1 and 2, we are waiting to make decisions.
If you have not emailed or text messaged a video of your creative (creatives for students going for 2nd or above), you have 24 hours to do it. Send to email@example.com or 251-458-6111. Failure to do this, will result in a recycle. We sent out information last week for our candidates to follow and many have complied. Even those who are not on Facebook.
We are working on implementing more challenges and creating more structured classes, but we are struggling with technology. Please follow the announcements and take part in live events as we have them. We are noticing that students that know their material, are focused and doing well on their goals are involved. So join in for the Daily Challenges where we play games and interact. It will help you feel less shut in and keep you on track.
This email was sent out today:
Please click the links below and read the information.
Some of it is time sensitive.