If you have a Yellow Stripe, you may be eligible for graduation in July.
Remember, it’s not just about attendance, but also about knowledge of material, fitness, performance of material, as well as behavior and attitude during the exam period (between the last exam and this exam).
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFORMATION
AND COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
- Click here for Rank Requirements.
- Watch for videos of current kata here. (not updated yet)
- You will be examined during your class.
- In the past, our exams have taken place during regular class, where we finish with a spotlight on those being examined and it kind of blended with the class. Students will have two opportunities to test during this exam period. In this exam, we will be having the students who are testing pulled to the side to be perform for Sensei so he can put them through their paces more thoroughly. Parents are encouraged to watch. This is important because Sensei can then give the proper feedback on whether it would be best to wait until the next promotion (November) or to retest again another day. Students who are not familiar with their kata will likely have their goal reset. The idea is to learn the chunks of the kata and practice it for retention, not cram it in at the end by learning it from a video. He will also test them on their fitness and various self defense practices that they have learned in class. He will also test their kicking and combination abilities. All kicks must be above the belt.
- Students promoting to High Red Belt will begin their initial cycle in November, as the current one is already underway. You are encouraged to attend the meeting and boot camp for the the November 2018 Cycle (dates here). This will give you some tools you need to be able to prepare for your cycle. Cycle dates for the cycle you are eligible for will be updated by the end of July. We are coordinating with Shihan Sgarlata to come to promote Sensei to his 5th Degree Black Belt in the spring, so we are working with his schedule as well. Thank you for your patience. You can find more information about Black Belt Cycle here.
- During this promotion, we will not require teacher forms.
September 20 Graduation Times:
NO REGULAR CLASSES THAT DAY!
- 5:45 pm Lil Champions
- 6:30 pm Juniors All Levels
- 7:30 pm Adults All Levels
See Below for Form to Complete for Graduation.